I want to apologize for the minor hiatus I took from blogging. There has been a lot going on in my life, and I am finally ready to tell you about it. I haven't entirely disappeared from baking. In fact, I have done quite a bit of baking therapy. I just haven't had the time to write about any of it. Since my last post, I have made:
|Peppermint Cupcakes w/ Dark Chocolate Ganache and Crushed Candy Canes|
|Melting Snowmen Cookies Take 2|
|Dark Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting and Crushed Candy Canes|
|New York Style Cheesecake w/ a Graham Cracker Crust and a|
Homemade Cranberry-Sour Cherry Compote
|Minnie Mouse Cupcakes|
|Mocha Cake w/ Espresso and Mocha Buttercreams,|
Topped w/ Chocolate Shavings
|White Cake w/ Vanilla Buttercream, Filled with Chocolate Chips,|
Decorate with Fondant and Buttercream
|White Cake, Filled w/ Strawberry Preserves, Topped w/|
Chocolate Buttercream and Fresh Strawberries
|Chocolate Cake w/ Vanilla Buttercream|
1. Grad school: School has been tough, but I am managing things better and staying afloat this semester. I still don't love my school or the Boston area, but I am hanging in there. This is just what I have to do to fulfill my life dream, and that is getting me through.
2. Practicum: My practicum or "internship" has been going swimmingly. I love working in a middle school. I have some of the most wonderful and supportive coworkers and some of the most amazing students. I never want to leave. Unfortunately I have to, and the search for next year's site is grueling and frustrating, but I know I will find one that is meant for me in the end.
3. Marketing Job: I have cut back on some hours and am no longer working for Admissions, but I am really liking this job. I have a really wonderful boss (in fact, she ordered the Minnie Mouse cupcakes for her daughter's birthday party!). She is attentive and supportive and always there for me.
4. Tutoring Job: I had a plethora of students in the fall, and am just now catching a break. I have met some really amazing kids and families the last few months, and one of them has almost become like a little sister to me. I am loving what I am doing and can't wait to meet my next student!
5. Life: I made the decision to leave behind my toxic relationship and put me first. It was a really difficult and painful decision that took many months to make, and I finally did it. I feel free and happy and optimistic. I am beginning the search for new apartments, but won't be moving until I secure an internship for next year. In the mean time, I have been meeting new people and re-connecting with old ones. I joined a gym and have been eating better. I have been making time for myself and for being social. I have finally found a sense of inner peace and balance, and I am not about to let that go.
Thank you to all of those who have supported me through this difficult time in my life, and I look forward to the times we are about to have now that I am a whole person again. This 24th year of my life is going to be the best one yet; I can feel it.
Love and cookies,