Of course, what would a girls' night be without chocolate? This was my contribution to the evening:
Crazy Candy Brownies (Saucepan brownies w/ Peanut M&Ms and Almond Snickers)
Recipe adapted from My Grandma's Recipe
Yield: 1 9x13" pan of brownies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsps vanilla
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup assorted candy, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1. Assemble your ingredients.
2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt together butter and cocoa powder, stirring occasionally.
3. Once smooth, remove from heat.
4. Stir in granulated sugar until combined.
5. Add in eggs and vanilla.
6. Stir in flour and salt until incorporated.
7. Fold in 1/2 the candies.
8. Spread batter into a well-greased 9x13" baking pan and then sprinkle remaining candy over the top.
9. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out smooth.
10. Allow to cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut before serving.
These brownies went over really well, and definitely added to the fun of the evening. They were also a great way to get rid of some of our leftover Halloween candy! You can get creative with these and try different combos of candy and/or nuts.
And thank you, Renée for hosting such a wonderful and much-needed girls night in!
Love and cookies,