It was so wonderful, that I decided it should also be a cookie. That's right- my breakfast inspired my latest cookies. This is what I came up with:
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies w/ Pecans and Craisins
Recipe adapted from here
Yield: 3 dozen small cookies
1/2 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
2 large eggs
1 Tbs molasses
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp all-spice
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1. Assemble your ingredients
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Stir in pumpkin on medium until incorporated.
3. Add in eggs, vanilla, and molasses until combined. Set aside.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients up to the spices.
5. Slowly stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated.
6. Stir in oats, cranberries, and pecans by hand just until combined.
7. Drop dough by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Cool on pans on wire racks for two minutes, then transfer cookies directly to wire racks to finish cooling completely. If desired, sprinkle extra sugar on top of cookies while warm.
These cookies were AMAZING. They were chewy and delicious and pumpkiny with complex textures from the cranberries and pecans.
Here's to pumpkins and swimming.
Love and cookies,