I made incredible professional connections and developed friendships with people from all over the globe. All of the 5 MSPP interns that stayed in the Boston area continued on to volunteer and to work for LHI. I spent four hours a week all summer just scanning charts into the EHR system. Why? Because I love those people and wanted to do anything I could to help them, and to try to begin to repay them for the amazing year I've had.
Oatmeal, Dark Chocolate Chunk, and Cranberry Cookies (Dairy-Free, made w/ coconut oil)
Recipe adapted from my favorite recipe
Yield: 2 dozen large cookies
I rushed to make these the night before, and was doing homework and getting ready for work in between, so I once again did not take step by step photos. I'm sorry. I promise I will do it the next time. Follow this recipe here, and then make the following changes:
1. Use 1 cup coconut oil instead of butter.
2. Use 1 1/2 tsps cinnamon instead of 2.
3. Eliminate nutmeg.
4. Use 1 cup dried cranberries instead of 1/2.
5. Use 1/2 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate (dairy free) instead of chocolate chips.
6. Don't roll balls in sugar.
7. Refrigerate cookies on parchment-lined sheets for at least 2 hours.
8. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
These were awesome cookies, and I hope they conveyed the love I feel for LHI and the people that work there.
Here's to our year together.
Love and cookies,