Monday, July 1, 2013

Rainbow Confetti Cookies

Right now I am supposed to be writing a final paper for one of my summer classes.  Instead, I am think about how much I want a cookie, and how sad I am that my cookie tin is recently empty.  However, if I were to be an optimist, which most of the time I am, I could say that my cookie tin was also recently full (before it was emptied).  This is not something that I allow to happen very often.  Usually if I bake cookies, I try very hard to give them away, so I do not eat 7 in one day (like yesterday).  Unfortunately, when I baked these cookies for Shabbat on Friday, no one wanted to take the extras, so Jay and I were stuck eating them all by ourselves.

So instead of writing my paper, I am going to finally write the recipe for these amazing cookies that I cannot stop thinking about:


Rainbow Confetti Sugar Cookies
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs (at room temperature)
2 tsps vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles

Ingredients 
Cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth 
Add eggs and vanilla until incorporated
In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients
Carefully stir in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.  Then stir in sprinkles by hand
Roll into Tablespoonful-size balls and spread at least 1 1/2" apart on a lined baking sheet 
Top each cookie dough ball with additional sprinkles, then remove the excess sprinkles that fell onto the cookie sheet to avoid burning.

Place filled cookie sheet into the freezer for five minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350°F.  Remove the cookie sheet from the freezer and place it into the oven.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Cool on pans on wire racks for 2 minutes, then transfer cookies to wire racks to finish cooling completely.


Ta Da!  You have AMAZING rainbow cookies that taste AWESOME to celebrate a WONDERFUL day in history.

The cream of tartar addition was a little odd to me at first, and does add a slightly strange flavor to a sugar cookie, but it made for one amazingly chewy and soft cookie.  I highly recommend these.

Now go make them, and go celebrate!  And someone bring me a cookie!!!

Love and cookies,

No comments:

Post a Comment