Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Welcome to the Grad Life!

Jay got into graduate school!  Hooray!  He was accepted yesterday as a part-time student at Northeastern University's Masters in Health Informatics program, and I couldn't be more proud of him. Obviously this a call for celebration.  The last time he got good news about a job, I made him his favorite crispy chocolate chip cookies.  I was going to make them again last night, but realized I was out of granulated sugar.

I decided to help him celebrate with a different cookie, one that he has never had but has made up a song about: my cookie cups.  Every time I mention these cookie cups, he goes into this song.  As annoying as the song is, I decided the reward of his surprise would be worth it.

So I made these to congratulate my super smart boyfriend:


Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cups
Recipe adapted from here
Yield: 8 large cookie cups

Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup tightly packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
6 oz dark chocolate morsels

Directions:
Ingredients
Cream together butter and sugar until smooth
Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet, and beat on medium speed just until incorporated.  Then stir in chocolate morsels/chunks by hand.

Fill well-greased baking cups with dough.

Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes
Cool in pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
Carefully remove from pans and finish cooling cookie cups inverted on rack.

Congratulations, Jay!  I am so, so proud of you.  Don't worry.  We will get through this time of poverty and dire stress together!

Love and cookies,

No comments:

Post a Comment