Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cheating a Little

Disclaimer: I am not exactly proud of these cupcakes.  I spent forever making the engagement cake yesterday, and was a little caked out.  I also had 200 pages of reading to do today.  And laundry.  And grocery shopping.  So I did the unthinkable... I bought a box mix (Pillsbury Devils Food).  I'm sorry if I've let you all down.  I know box mixes taste NOTHING like a homemade cake, but they are a heck of a lot faster when you are a poor grad student strapped for time and money.

Anyway, this week is Giselle's birthday (just a few days before mine!).  Giselle is a bundle of sunshine from California that works with one of my housemates.  I don't get to spend too much time with her because my life in grad school is so sad and pathetic, but when I do, she always makes me smile.  Even that time when I drive her to the airport at 4am.

The birthday girl is the eggplant in the middle!
Since I won't be around much/have a quiz and a presentation due this week, I decided to bake Giselle cupcakes a few days early.  Since I cheated and used the box mix, they are a little dry (I'm sorry, Giselle!).  To make them more fun, I used bright neon vanilla buttercream, and decorated them like a bunch of flowers.  Giselle is always so sunny and happy, so these cupcakes remind me of her.


Sorry they are early/from a box, Giselle!  Just know that you are loved and appreciated for your ability to brighten everyone's day.




Happy Birthday, Giselle!
Love and cookies,

No comments:

Post a Comment