Monday, October 29, 2012

Papers and Pumpkin Cookies

It's crunch time at school.  I had five papers due this week, and wrote a total of 40 pages.  I needed a baking break on Saturday.  Even though I went as a bottle of hot sauce, I felt more like superwoman.  I woke up and got donuts with Jay, went for a walk around Harvard Square, stopped by the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival, wrote a 6 page paper, baked 5 dozen cookies, went to the gym, and was ready for the party by 9.

Since we were going to a Halloween party, I thought pumpkin cookies would be appropriate.  I didn't have a lot of time, so I flipped through the Cookie Bible and picked the first pumpkin recipe I saw.


Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe adapted from the Cookie Bible
Yield: 4 1/2 dozen cookies


Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all-spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
15oz canned pumpkin
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups (12oz) chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.  Set aside.
Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.  Add in pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla.  Beat until combined.
Gradually add in dry ingredients until incorporated.  Stir in chocolate chips by hand
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on well-greased baking sheets.




Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.  Cool on pans on wire racks for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.







I hope all of you are staying safe and dry during this crazy weather from Hurricane Sandy!

Love and cookies,

No comments:

Post a Comment