Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Business, Busyness, and Blondies

I think I wrote about it in my last post, but I have a new job.  It's kind of exhausting and pretty overwhelming.  I'm not even sure if I like it.  It's emotionally and physically draining, and I go into work every day with the fear I'm going to go home with bruises.  Because of this, I really haven't had a lot of time for baking or blogging, but I have made a few things, so I'll just give you the recipes and give a more formal life update when things calm down.


Nutty Chocolate Chip Blondies (with coconut, walnuts, and peanut butter)
Adapted (to the point where it no longer resembles the original) from The Cookie Bible
Yield: 1 8x8" pan of blondies


Ingredients
1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut

Directions:
  1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together coconut flour and salt.  Set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter.
  3. Beat in egg.
  4. Slowly stir in dry ingredients to wet.
  5. Dump in walnuts, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and coconut.  Stir carefully until combined.
  6. Spoon batter into a well-greased 8x8" pan and press down until top is even.
  7. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
  8. Cool in pan on wire rack until completely cool.  If not cooled thoroughly before serving, bars will fall apart.

These had a slightly odd texture because of the coconut flour, but were still super awesome.  I would definitely make them again.  If you want a smoother blondie, use all-purpose flour.

Love and cookies,

No comments:

Post a Comment