Nutty Chocolate Chip Blondies (with coconut, walnuts, and peanut butter)
Adapted (to the point where it no longer resembles the original) from The Cookie Bible
Yield: 1 8x8" pan of blondies
1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together coconut flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter.
- Beat in egg.
- Slowly stir in dry ingredients to wet.
- Dump in walnuts, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and coconut. Stir carefully until combined.
- Spoon batter into a well-greased 8x8" pan and press down until top is even.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack until completely cool. If not cooled thoroughly before serving, bars will fall apart.
These had a slightly odd texture because of the coconut flour, but were still super awesome. I would definitely make them again. If you want a smoother blondie, use all-purpose flour.
Love and cookies,