Monday, July 9, 2012

Happiness Cookie Dough

Life has a funny way of taking you by surprise sometimes.  There have been so many positive things happening in my new life in Boston that I am starting to lose track of them individually.  Instead, my life is pretty much one giant ball of happiness cookie dough, and I can no longer separate which particular ingredients are making me so smiley.  I'll try to sort it out a little for you.

For starters, I quit my serving job.  The restaurant was too intense and was causing me far too much stress to be healthy, especially given my poor health.  On Monday I had a really bad anemia spell, and finally figured out what was causing me to be so tired, unfocused, and unable to run.  Thankfully I figured it out before I had to go to the hospital, but I definitely let my levels get far too low to be safe.  The good news is that I did catch it in time, and am finally feeling better again.
Second, I love my house and housemates.  Everyone is so wonderful and I can't imagine starting Boston any other way than with these people.  Unfortunately, everyone is moving out in August, but no one is moving too far away so we won't be able to visit each other.  I am in the process of signing the lease for the house for the full year, and it is with an amazing group of 5 other girls that I am very excited to live with.
Third, my good friend, Justin, came to visit me in Boston, and we had an amazing time at the beach for my housemate's birthday, and then we went to Chowderfest.  I have also been Skyping with a lot of friends and getting sweet emails, reminding me that distance doesn't destroy true friendships.
Fourth, I met the most amazing boy.  We met on OKCupid, believe it or not, a week and a half ago.  It was instant sparks, and we have been absolutely inseparable since.  I'm sure you'll hear more about him in future posts.
Finally, the weather has been gorgeous, I have been exploring the city and getting to know my new home a little better, and I am so excited to start my grad program in the fall.  Once I find a job that I actually like, life really can't get any better at this point.

OK, I lied.  It can.  Jay and I made my famous oatmeal raisin cookies over the weekend, and then made a giant one with the remaining dough.  It was amazing, and I definitely think giant cookies need to be a bigger part of my life in the future.

We used the recipe from this post.  For the giant cookie, follow the same steps that you would for regular sizes (rolling, dipping in sugar, and pressing down), except this time, stick the cookie sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes before you bake it.  This will make sure that the cookie cookies evenly.  Otherwise, you will have super crunchy edges and a raw middle.  Hey, I'm not judging, some people like their cookies that way.  I, on the other hand, prefer my cookies to be the same, perfect, chewy texture throughout.  So, without further ado, our giant happiness oatmeal raisin cookie.


Here's hoping all of you are every bit as happy as I have been the last week.
Love and cookies,

No comments:

Post a Comment