Friday, May 4, 2012

Cookie Cups

At RVS this week, we made some really amazing loaded blondies.  Since I have recently discovered the horrible, sad truth that I am allergic to chocolate, I've become increasingly attached to the idea of blondies.  For our final class of our student forum last night, we were all supposed to bring snacks.  I really don't like the idea of not bringing something homemade, so I decided to whip up a batch of blondies using what I had in my cupboards.  Of course, I really hate bar cookies because they are rarely pretty to serve, and decided to make them in mini-muffin pans.  The result: cookie cups!  They have the shape of a muffin or cupcake, but the texture and flavors of a cookie.  It's genius!!!

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookie Cups
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes
Yield: 15 assorted sizes of mini cookie cups


Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup tightly packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries

I was feeling lazy and didn't feel like cleaning Suzie, so I decided to mix these by hand with a wooden spoon instead of my trusty electric mixer.

Cream together brown sugar and butter
Add in beaten egg and vanilla
Stir in dry ingredients until combined
Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries just until incorporated
Spoon into well-greased pans
Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes.  Cooking time will vary based upon what size pans you use, so I would suggest setting your timer for 15 minutes and then checking until they are golden brown and a toothpick comes out mostly clean.  Cool on wire racks in pans for 15 minutes, then carefully remove from pans and finish cooling on wire racks.

The finished product
Outside- cupcake shape; Inside- cookie heaven
I fell in love with these things.  The flavor was spot-on, (although a little sweet from the white chocolate- guess I'm just going to have to adapt), and the shape is so cute!  They are extremely versatile and a lot more fun to present than some sloppy-looking semi-square that you cut out of a pan.  Stay tuned for more variations of these little gems!

Love and cookies,

No comments:

Post a Comment