Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blizzard Boredom

After a very fast trip out to see my younger sister this weekend in Rochester, NY, my mother and I were snowed in by Sunday afternoon.  We left my sister's at 1:30AM in order to get back home before the storm hit, and it's a good thing, too.  We ended up with over a foot and a half of heavy, cement-like snow.

It was so intense that it knocked down 4 trees on my street, snapping 3 power lines, and left us stranded without power for 29 hours.  Snow plows couldn't get here to dig us out, but it didn't matter, because they closed our road anyway.


On Sunday night, before the power went out, I was pretty bored, so I decided to make a batch of cookies to send to a friend of mine in the army.  We still hadn't gone to the grocery store, and now we were snowed in, so I had to make the best of what we had.  I had absolutely no room for creativity, and ended up making the recipe for chocolate chip cookies on the back of the Toll House® bag.

I finally got a camera that takes semi-decent pictures, so here's the result:


Unfortunately, the next day and a half left me with no oven, and no ambition to leave the floor in front of my fireplace, so I postponed the care package cooking-making for another day.
Hope you are all staying warm!

Love and cookies,

No comments:

Post a Comment